My friend Valentina asked me for help . . . she will be away for a conference next week and would like to make life easyer on her husband.
Valentina asked me to prepare a menu for dinner for the whole week.
Her husband is lactose intollerant and her 8 year old daughter eats just about anything (what a good girl !!)
This is the menu I offered her:
- Monday – Pilaph rice with shrimp and peas
- Tuesday – Scaloppine with marsala and spinach
- Wednesday – pasta with ragù
- Thursday – crunchy meatballs with minty peas
- Friday – dill flavoured salmon with carrots
As there is an lactose intollerant person, I avoided dishes with any dary products as ricotta, and the meatballs will be made with mashed potato instead of milk soaked bread; also the spinach will be sauteèd with vegetable broth instead of butter and parmesan.
You are probably wondering how much this can cost ?!
. . . before I tell you, I would like to specify what I will be doing for Valentina:
- Monday morning I will do the food shopping for the cooking session
- I will then go to her home and will prepare the above menu, I will store everthing in freezer safe containers
- I will leave precise instructions on thawing and on heating the food
- I’ll clean up and leave the kitchen how I found it
All this for 10 Euro per meal per person + the cost of the food – it’s not complicated . . . here is an example:
- a family of 3 who asks me for 5 meals will spend 10 Euro x 3 peopole x 5 meals = 150 Euro + the cost of tood
- a family of 4 who asks for 5 meals will spend 200 Euro + the cost of tood
- a couple could ask for 5 meals for 4 people – have it frozen in 2 people portions and have dinner ready for 10 nights . . . in this case they will spend 200 Euro + the cost of food
This service is a great gift idea for a newly wed couple, or a mom with a newborn . . . or a stressed friend . . . or a busy wife !