In Italy Valentine’s is seen as the day of all lovers . . . unfortunately it is only for couples or those who will become – have been – will be couples . . . I like the version that is celebrated in the US and Canada and other places, where one celebrates the “loved ones” and not just the ones you are in love with . . . so I extend my Happy Valentine wishes to all my family and friende, and readers !
Well, here are some ideas for the feast of St Valentine and demonstrate our love !
1. Sending a card is probably very common, but sending a card with some home made cookies is something else !
3. Buy a heart shaped cookie cutter . . . it will serve you for many things:
a. Cut some cookie dough and make cookies ( to send with the cards that we talked about above)
b. Prapare some risotto and serve it in a heart shape on tha plate
c. Use the cookie cutter to prepare heart shaped ravioli or semolino gnocchi . . .
d. Prepare a meat, tuna or salmon tartare and shape it into a heart for a special meal
e. Use the cookie cutter as a stencil and cut out little ( or big) heart shapes to make placeholders or cards or simple decorations, and use the heart shaped “hole” to dust powdered shugar on a cake . . .
4. Decorate your tabe with red rose petals (you can buy fake petals at the .99c store)
5. Decorate the table with heart shaped candy covered almonds . . . red or pink or both !
6. Buy the ready made pizza dough and make a red heart shaped pizza
7. Decorate the side of your dishes with a little heart made with tomato sauce or . . . balsamic vinegar reduction.